Get All Your Questions Answered
Why should I use a Travel Consultant?
INSIGHT vs Information
We’ll leverage our expert knowledge of the finest hotels, cruises, tours and activities to create a vacation you can’t find online.
Out insider connections ensure that You’ll always receive preferential treatment, exclusive savings, behind-the-scenes access and complimentary extras.
Planning a vacation takes time, patience and perseverance. We’ll organize all the logistics, from coordinating your itinerary to finding the best guides in a foreign country.
Your Personal CONCIERGE
We’ll thoughtfully craft every moment of your trip. From arranging a private tour to reserving your preferred mode of transportation, we’ll handle all the little details.
PEACE Of Mind
With us on your side, you can travel with confidence. We are here for you before you go, while you are traveling and upon your return.
Do you book group travel?
Should I purchase travel insurance?
It is so important to protect your travel investment.
There are hundreds of circumstances that could cause you to cancel your trip, return home early or force you to seek emergency medical treatment while traveling.
To demonstrate the importance of purchasing travel insurance, and emergency travel services, here are 10 common examples of what could go wrong.
- It's 10 p.m. and you and your immediate family arrive at the airport for a connecting flight, only to find that your flight has been cancelled. Who can assist you with finding new flights to get everyone home?
- Your bag was lost with your insulin inside. You need help to locate your bag as soon as possible and have your emergency prescription filled. Who do you call?
- Your first visit to Europe, and your passport and wallet are stolen. Where do you turn for emergency cash, and how will you get your passport replaced?
- You're involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. Who will help arrange and pay for a medical evacuation?
- If your sister-in-law becomes seriously ill and you must cancel your trip, what happens to your non-refundable deposits or pre-payments?
- You arrive in Jamaica and your luggage doesn't. If it's lost, who will help you find it? If it's delayed, who will pay for your necessities? If it's stolen, who will pay to replace it?
- Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. Who will pay for your non-refundable expenses? Who will help get you to your destination?
- You're walking down a street in Rio and twist your ankle. Who can help you find an English-speaking physician?
- Three weeks before your scheduled arrival, a terrorist incident occurs in the city to which you are planning to visit. Who will pay if you want to cancel your trip?
- You are at a beach resort in North Carolina, and you are forced to evacuate due to an approaching hurricane. Who will help you evacuate and who will reimburse your lost vacation investment?
What do I need to check-in for my cruise?
The following information will be needed to complete the pre-cruise check-in process:
- In the cruise documents, you received from our agency you will find your Reservation Number.
- The passports and other personal identification documents for yourself and your entire party.
- You will also need the name, address and phone number of an emergency contact.
- The credit card information for the card that you will be using for your onboard charges. You can use one credit card for all persons in your party or different cards depending on your preferences.
- When entering your names for check-in, the names must match exactly what you provided when making your reservation and what is on your passport (and other personal identification). You may be denied boarding if there are discrepancies.
Due to government regulations, most cruise lines require guests to be checked in no later than 90 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time*. Guests arriving late will not be permitted to sail.
*Some sailings may require an earlier check-in time. Please refer to the cruise documents you received from our agency for specific information.
When you arriving at the pier you will need the following:
- Your printed proof of online check-in.
- The credit card (see above) for your onboard purchases
- Appropriate proof of citizenship and identification documentation (driver’. We will coordinate s license, birth certificate, passport).